Re: Mouse under X

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, John Miskinis wrote:

> I suspect you may not have the "correct" type of keyboard
> specified in your XF86Config file...  I'm no expert on these
> new keyboards with the funny "Windows?" key, but I
> I remember seeing information a while back on the 102, versus
> 103, or whatever.  This funny looking key might start working
> (or at least generating X keyboard events) if you try some of
> the other keyboard "types".
Hmm, trying of those keybord types is less fun.  I started with 104
keys (because a "normal" keyboard (tm) has 102 and than there are
two keys more ...) but then X failed to start.  So I switched back to 102.

> When you used XFree 3, did the emulate 3D buttons work, and
> YOU were not happy with it, but it allowed paste, etc.?  Or
> was the SYSTEM not happy with it?
The system was happy and it worked.  But you might know the situation
if you are attempting to paste something and didn't pressed both keys
at exactly the same time.  Than you end with a new X-buffer and in this
cases your original text vanished anywhere (perhaps a new case for a
Murphy law).

Kind regards

        Andreas.