Re: Badiane: make-kpkg PCMCIA conflict

--- Badiane Ka <badianedebian@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have created a deb package with make-kpkg and upon
> executing dpkg -i I get a message saying that there is
> conflict between my custom 2.2.18pre1 image and
> pcmcia.  How do I compile, install and get a kernel to
> run under debian without running into a bunch of
> module problems.  I would like to be able to upgrade
> my system without having all of these problems.  If
> there is literature about this problem please point me
> in that direction and I will follow.
>
> Badiane

I don't know if there is any documentation about that, but what I do is:
- remove the kernel and pcmcia packages that are in use (yes, there's a
warning saying that it's dangerous to remove a running kernel's
package...)
- install the new kernel package, and then the pcmcia one.

Simply, do not try rebooting between the two stages...

    Francois.

=====
Francois BOTTIN
--
    "How kind," the PFY sighs. "But where will I go?"
    "Somewhere where they know nothing about computing... where they wouldn't know a RAM chip from a potato chip!"