Re: Suspend to disk partition on ThinkPad T20

On Tuesday 13 March 2001 06:01, Jacek M. Wuwer wrote:
> Thanks everyone.
>
> I'll got my new kernel compiled with framebuffer support. Yes, I have
> played with vga=ask parameter - T20 just doens't like those old EGA
> modes ...

Try the following: In the Linux config in the "console drivers" section,
enable "Video mode selection", "Support for frame buffer devices",
"VESA VGA graphics console", "Select compiled-in fonts", "Sparc console
12x22 font" (Linux 2.2.18).

Then append at your Lilo kernel command line the following options:

  vga=0x317 video=vesa:redraw,mtrr,font:SUN12x22

This gives you a 85x34 Characters text console with a very nice font.

For X11, I suggest you to use XFree 4.02 with the current driver by
Tim Roberts (http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html). Works fine here.

> I've not tried the TextSVGA package, it didn't look promising since the
> Savage IX card has been supported for about 5 months ( and only works 8
> bpp with KDE 2.1 from sid ).

Runs fine here with 16bpp on potato.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##