Re: [SLUG] Dell Laptop with Potato

Bill, I got one these for work yesterday and now have a happy Debian system. The only issue I know of and haven't tried to get working yet is that Potato does not have support for the audio chipset - Maestro 3 - and a few months ago on a previous model I could not get sound working. I'm kinda hoping this has changed, I'll find out soon enough.

As you've emailed both debian-laptop and SLUG I'm assuming you're in Sydney. On Saturday, 10th March (ie: tomorrow) we're holding an install fest, I'd recommend coming along - details are at http://www.slug.org.au/ .

One of the benefits of this will be having many able hands around. I brought my partly functional C600 to the Debian stand at Linux Expo last night and while I was evangelising Debian to hapless passer-by's a few people jumped on my laptop and finished tweaking XFree 4 and other various things I hadn't got around to making work properly.

Ta guys!

Thus spake Bill Shui (wshui@mail.com):