pcmcia network.opts

I have two questions:

Can anyone tell me what 'NO_CHECK' and 'NO_FUSER' means in the
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts file?

How would I do the following:
I have an internal NIC (eepro100) and a pcmcia NIC (wireless).
I want to be able to run an 'ifdown eth0' when the card is
injected and an 'ipup eth0' when the card is removed (if there was
an eth0 active to begin with).
Essentially, I'm trying to rotate between no NIC, eth0 and eth1
without too much trouble.
What I'm looking for are recommendations on where to place the
script in the code.
--
  6:14am  up 30 days, 12:25,  4 users,  load average: 1.42, 1.24,
1.20