Re: sound blaster configuration??

 > I have tried to find information in /usr/src/linux.. but I don't have
any
> directory like ../src/linux/ .. thanks anyway..

Please install the Linux Kernel Sources of you choice. As you have Kernel
2.2.x installed, I suggest version 2.2.18

[snip]

> pnpdump -c > /etc/isapnp.conf && isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf   did not give
> any results,  didn't find my sound card.. So I think it isn't a ISA..  I
> am using kernel 2.2..

I have an ISA, but pnpdump doesn't show anything, because it's a
ISA-non-PnP card. However we suppose you have a PCI card.
First install the linux sources.
Then type
make menuconfig or
make xconfig (if you are running an X server)
and configure your kernel. One of the latest points is "Sound Card
Configuration". Activate it and activate the points for your SoundBlaster
16. You must provide an interrupt and some DMA's. If you type
cat /proc/interrupts
cat /proc/dma
you can see, which are still available. If you have a Windows installed on
the same machine, take the values Windows shows.
If you Kernel is completely configured, type
make dep clean bzlilo
and the Kernel will be compiled and installed and lilo will be configured.
After a reboot, you Kernel should be ready for sound.

Regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                                     starfire@dplanet.ch
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook