Re: install in asony laptop vaio c1ve without cd-rom

Here is my idea.

Read how to reinstall Windoze system first. If it is from CDROM, you
stick bootable Debian CDROM and proceed just like rescue process.  No
big deal, I think.  Another process is start Linux from DOS mode using
dos boot loader.

Real problem is to get dual boot right.  Shrinking installed Windoze is
one way but having clean install of windows in case it break is problem.

I had tough time with Toshiba.  I needed to change script of WIN98 boot
floppy.  See my web page www.aokiconsulting.com/pc/ fro detail.

Oh, if rescue process only uses CDROM, you need to create bootable CD-R
for rescue CD with modified script.  Otherwise, it will zap all your
Linux. It is easy to make bootable image with cdrecord.

At any rate, this is not for faint hearted.

Osamu