Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA)

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:42:55PM +0000, Paul Clark wrote:

> lsmod reports tulip_cb etc. ifconfig reports a nice looking
> eth0. But if I try to ping another machine nothing gets through
> even though I see light flashing.

The tulip driver has been re-written and separated from the cardbus
control. The new driver is just tulip.o. Three other drivers have to be
loaded together with the tulip (cb_enabler, pci-scan and cb_shim) - see
below.

> Do you think I do need the latest tulip.c? I think the company you
> mean is http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html.

Yes, that's right.

I've recently posted here my success in getting a brand new Linksys Cardbus
Ethernet card (PCM200 v.2) to work, using the advice on
http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/2001-Jan/0066.html.

When I did this (Feb 1), the required driver was not yet included in the
pcmcia-cs.

Good luck,
Petr