Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA)

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:45:44AM +0000, Paul Clark wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if the Potato tulip.c driver should work with
> this card?
Oh, you mean the PCMPC200, right ?
This one is a bitch to set up about 3 months ago.

Make sure you compile the latest pcmcia-cs package from source.
That might work.
If not, then get the latest driver from that certain company involved with
tulip driver development (what was its name again, damn ??).

> The Linksys support site seems to suggest I need to compile a new
> driver. Then points to detailed instructions for RPM.
Probably yes.
Older pcmcia-cs do NOT work, as the tulip_cb driver doesn't contain the ID
of this specific card yet, which leads to promiscuous mode problems
(receiving only with a running tcpdump possible etc.)

Ask me again if you get into trouble.

Andreas Mohr