Re: XF86Setup&XF86Config + gnome doesn't start

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 02:48:25PM -0800, redstars@worldmailer.com wrote:
> On Sat, 03 March 2001, Peter Cordes wrote:
>

> XF86Config doesn't exist in /etc, therefore I asume that it isn't
>installed properly or not at all. But if I have installed hole packages in
>first cd disk, what is then missing??

 You're checking /etc/X11/XF86Config, not /etc/XF86Config, right?
/etc/X11/XF86Config is _the_ location for it.  If that's what you meant, (or
you meant the it wasn't in any directory rooted in /etc), then yeah, it's
not there at all.  Time to run the configurator: xf86cfg (for X4.0), or the
old standby, xf86config.  If you have problems, take a look at the man pages
for these programs.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y