Re: pcmcia sound card?

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 05:53:27PM +0100, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd really like to buy a PCMCIA sound card for my toshiba satellite 100cs
> laptop, which is running Debian GNU/Linux, but I cannot seam to find any
> companies in Slovenia, Austria, Italy or Germany which sell these cards, I am
> looking for the cheapest possible working option, and I was wondering if
> someone could please point out to me which card to buy - I don't need anything
> fancy, just an ordinary pcmcia sound card.
I am sorry to say but I think you are out of luck.  Panasonic used to make
a sound card that came with an external CD-ROM unit.  The PCMCIA card was a
dual purpose card.  It had the sound card and an interface for the CD-ROM
drive.  That was back in 1996-1997 and I haven't seen one since.  But I would
check out Panasonic's web site.  (both the US and Japan sites)

Good luck,
--
Jonathan Crockett
Network Engineer