Re: detect wrong processor speed?

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 01:39:48PM -0500, nathanp@iosphere.net wrote:
> has anyone had this problem?  with kernel 2.4.1 and up (i think for kernel 2.4.0 too, can't remember) on my thinkpad 600x my kernel reports:
>
> 	Detected 172.927 MHz processor.

This is probably because you booted while on battery power, and your bios
is setup to use some 'low power mode' when on battery. This will slow down
your cpu.

My own toshiba 8000 actually always runs at 170 Mhz instead of the 400,
even when it's on the wall outlet when this setting is turned on.

So change your bios settings, and you should be seeing the 650 come back
(or maybe just plug in the power cable, and it may be back to normal.)

Mark

--
Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178