Re: detect wrong processor speed?

check your bios!  I have a T20 and found that I have to disable its "power saving" features in order to get full CPU speed.

Before this, if I started up under battery power it would run with a slow processor

HTH

Richard

nathanp@iosphere.net wrote:

> has anyone had this problem?  with kernel 2.4.1 and up (i think for kernel 2.4.0 too, can't remember) on my thinkpad 600x my kernel reports:
>
>         Detected 172.927 MHz processor.
>
> although i know it's a 650MHz processor and is detected as such under 2.2.18pre22?  it feels to me to be running at the proper speed, but with linux's awesome multitasking capabilities, maybe i just can't tell ;-)  anyway, i haven't compiled the tpctl modules or installed them, so i haven't played with the fact that the kernel is reporting some speedstepped speed, and i'm not running full speed.
>
> is this a common bug that i should ignore, or am i running under speed?
>
> nathanp.
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Black;Richard
tel;fax:416-971-4159
tel;home:
tel;work:416-217-4350
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Algorithmics Inc
adr:;;185 Spadina Avenue;Toronto;Ontario;M5T 2C6;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:rblack@algorithmics.com
title:Financial Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18400