Re: Mouse with Debian on Vaio F340
> My mouse (trackpad) does not work after installing many packages,
> including gnome related, on my Sony Vaio F340. I have
> /dev/mouse in /etc/XF86Config and I linked
> ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse. Does anyone have an idea what
> to do next or how I might probe to check it out?
Yeah check that gpm is not giving your mouse an extra headache.
Either gpm should have all repeating turned off:
* gpm will be quiescent and "not see" the mouse while you are in X
* gpm will see the mouse and use it while you are tasked away from X
or you should check that the repeating is being honored by X:
* the repeat format should be what X is expecting
* X should use /dev/gpmdata (a socket which is fed by gpm)
If gpm is not running, then I'd check IRQs.
* Heather * star@ many places...