Re: X etc. with Debian on Vaio F340

Hi,

Steven K Thompson wrote:

I would appreciate any advice on getting X etc. to work with my Sony Vaio F340. It has the NeoMagic NM2200 Chipset.
When I type startx I get a blank, grainy screen, and nothing else
happens. The trackpad does move the pointer, however.
During installation I chose the twm window manager for no apparent reason;

For lack of more information: try the right mouse button. If a menu appears, X is fine a twm is running - it doesn't set a background per default so the default X background is used.

Stephan

--
I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking, and
then I thought: What the hell good would that do?