Re: _PCMCIA_"make_all"_errors

--- Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.shuttle.de>
wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> the
> the
> > >>
> [...]
> > >
> > > I did that as you said and I still received the
> same
> > > error when trying "make all."
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Try installing kernel-package and using the
> make-kpkg command.
> > Documentation is available in
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz
> > and /usr/share/kernel-package/README.modules (adds
> info for compiling
> > modules like pcmcia to the main instructions.)
>
> It won't help though I recommend using make-kpkg.
> The problem is that the
> modules stuff has changed a lot since 2.2.17 an
> there are ifdef's that
> look for kernel versions > 1.3.something. They won't
> match version 2.2.18
> though they should.
>
> take a look at the file
> /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/include/pcmcia/k_compat.h
> and search for the string "define
> init_waitqueue_head" you should find it
> enclosed in ifdef's like the following:
>
> #if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE < VERSION(2,2,18))
> #if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE < VERSION(2,0,16))
> #define init_waitqueue_head(p)  (*(p) = NULL)
> #else
> #define init_waitqueue_head(p)  init_waitqueue(p)
> #endif
> typedef struct wait_queue *wait_queue_head_t;
> #endif
>
> When I compiled some third party drivers I had to
> tweak some of those
> ifdef's though they should be OK in the
> pcmcia-source package. Mine is
> Version: 3.1.22-0.1potato
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Manfred Wassmann

	Actually, my intent is to use a third party driver
for the IBM Etherjet card once I am able to actually
get the pcmcia to compile.  I am not sure how to edit
the k_compat.h file in order to fix my compiling
problems, could anyone help me with this, or would it
be better to install a different kernel version?

Thank you all very much for your help....

-Donnie