Re: Netgear FA510 trouble

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:55:03PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have trouble getting the Netgear FA510 Cardbus Fast Ethernet Card to
> work. While "cardctl ident" reports the correct card I cannot ping
> another computer connected via a cross over cable (but it works in W2k).
> I attached some data below.
>
> I appreciate any suggestion,
>
> Felix

You might want to try putting the card into promiscuous mode. That
seems to be a known fix for problems with some tulip based cards (I
needed it on an Xircom cardbus card and ADMTek pci card.)

  ifconfig eth0 promisc

If you need more info on integrating this into the standard setup just
ask (I think there's something like "pre-up" in the pcmcia setup
script.)

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com
Texas Instruments            bradshaw@ti.com