Re: thinkpad 560E serial port
- To: Alexander Clouter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: thinkpad 560E serial port
- From: Tom Vier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 16:33:08 -0500
- Message-id: <20010204163308.A9024@zero>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.32.0102041110190.3157-100000@digriz>; from email@example.com on Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 11:11:16AM +0000
- References: <B8E71A89E7E0D411B0E200A0C9D85B264B083F@icex6.cc.ic.ac.uk> <Pine.LNX.4.32.0102041110190.3157-100000@digriz>
On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 11:11:16AM +0000, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> > anyone else have trouble getting the serial port on a thinkpad 560e to work?
> > the standard PC io port and irq values don't seem to work.
> erm...try altering the com port options from either the windows
> configuration tool....or dare I say it via the "flappy duck method" (why a
> flappy duck I don't know). Is the port actually enabled?
nevermind, i finally got it working. it seems the ps2 DOS util has two
serial options. one was enabled, but the other wasn't. thanks anyway. 8)
Tom Vier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
DSA Key id 0x27371A2C