Re: Best "new" laptop

I have a Dell CPx, either the H or the J series, I'm not sure.  This baby is sweet!  I'm running stable 2.2.18 and it's extremely stable (imagine that!).  This system also uses the maestro3 and with ALSA sound works nicely.  With both batteries in the bays the meter says I have over 10 hours on a full charge, but I only get 6 to 8 hours before I have to plug in.

Some specs:

PIII 733 or 750, I'm not sure
256MB memory (up to 512)
20GB HDD
14.1" Display (limited to max res of 1024x768)
About 6.5 lbs. (kinda heavy)

jc