Re: Debian & PCMCIA & My Crappy Laptop (tm)

Title: Re: Debian & PCMCIA & My Crappy Laptop (tm)
Hi,

I had this problem on my laptop and it was because the start up
sequence was trying to start networking before loading the pcmcia card.
Once I changed the startup order (/etc/rc3.d symlinks) it worked for
me.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

On 1/27/01, 10:23:09 PM, "Steven Sforza" <ssforza@visto.com> wrote
regarding Debian & PCMCIA & My Crappy Laptop (tm):

> This one is frustrating the hell out of me, and it seems like last
time I got it to work I just got lucky or something, so I'm hoping one
of you guys will actually know what I'm talking about and be able to
help me get this going...
> I downloaded the low-memory version of Debian onto floppies and
> installed it onto my Crappy Laptop (tm) - a CompuAdd 486/25 with 4MB
of ram. So I got the base image loaded fine.
> Problem is, I can't get the PCMCIA port to work - during bootup, it
gives me an error saying that the port is "Device or Resource busy,"
even if nothing's in it.
> The pcmcia.conf file states that it should be set either to a tcic
style or an i836214 (or something like that) style - I've tried both
and have had the same problem both times (although I seem to remember
tcic (the less popular one) being the one that worked.
> What sucks is I have gotten it to work before after this same problem
and I don't remember how. It is NOT a bad port, it has something to do
with the configuration.
> Anyone have any ideas I can try?
> This thing might as well be a doorstop if I can't get a modem and/or
NIC to work on it...