kapm-idled

Hi I just instoled kernel 2.4 on my Tosh Satelite pro 4320
and I found that proces kapm-idled is taking quite a lot of CPU time
this is line from top

PID USER  PRI  NI   SIZE  RSS  SHARE  STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM  TIME  COMMAND
3   root  19   0      0    0      0  SW      0 71.6  0.0  14:46 kapm-idled

this proces take all the time so much of procesor Time, thats quite
inoying, anyone know anything about it?
I belive that is somthing with APM, in Kernel conf I took support for
Toshiba Laptop and APM is also activate,
This is not really good to keep on laptop becuse battery will run quickly

I will be pleased for any sugestion

siaraX