Re: DMA/UDMA on an ACER TM 342

Hi there,

Duccio Medini wrote:

>         I'm having problems in enabling DMA on my lap...
> [...]
> PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device 78, VID=10b9,
> DID=5229
> [...]
> - what does  DMA disabled (BIOS) means? On my BIOS I wasn't able to find
> anything on HD DMA... also, my HD it is not in the DMA blacklist....
It's not your HD, it's ypour controller. Which kernel are you using?
Something older than 2.2.17 does not have a specific driver for the IDE chipset (which is an ALI 153x, IIRC).
A newer kernel (or a patched one, see pathes in 'hedrick' on kernel.org) will help - at least it helped for me :)

Hth,
	Tobias

Tobias Bachmor <bachmor@ira.uka.de>