Problems with sound (CS4281) and IRDA

Hi all

I am reading on this list for a while now (having bought a Gericom Phantom
notebook in October) and there are 2 problems that are bugging me for some time
now:
1. The sound chip (Crystal 4281) is unusable. Although I can load the kernel
module from 2.4.0-test12 (I had to wait for reiserfs for 2.4.0, but I will try
now) without any problems, the sound is chopped and/or echoed. It sounds like
the same passage is repeated a few times, overlapping with new passages. Sound
files take significantely longer to play (maybe about 3 - 5 times longer). Maybe
an interrupt problem ? Under Win2000 it works very well.
Unfortunately I can not get ALSA 0.5.10 to compile with 2.4.0, which has a
CS4281 module for the first time.
2. Has anybody succeeded in using a mobile phone over IRDA to dial into an ISP ?
I have configured my fast-IRDA port, the phone (Nokia 8210) is successfully
detected by IRDA. But then, no communication with /dev/ircomm is possible. It
can be opened, but nothing ever comes back.

If anybody can comment on this, I would be very happy :-)

best greets,
Rene