Re: advice on upgrading hard drive and cpu of laptop

I checked the lap-top. the CPU is mounted on some kind of board, and then
the board is mounted on some kind of socket.. I am fairly new to hard-ware
manipulations as this, but have worked before on archaic intel 8085 8086
chips....

and is this Athlon 150 Mhz 5x86 chip supported in Linux??

Thanks,
Praveen Kamath