Re: network configuration

Myself, I'd use  minicom  and play. It looks as though something is kicking
on ttyS00 and ttyS02, so I'd check those first. A simple ATZ sent via minicom
will give you an OK or just ignore ya (no modem there). If yer ignored, try
the next one! :--)
	Then, as "The Star" advised, use a good text editor and correct the
wvdial.conf (if that's the file it builds { I use autoppp so don't know
wvdial } ).

On Sunday 31 December 2000 15:27, Kamath wrote something to this effect:
> i used dmesg .. amongst the messages are
> Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled
> ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
> then again under the Intel PCIC probe is the message
> ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
> Registered device ppp0
> then when i run wvdial
> i get the message
> ---> Cannot open /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error
> any clues on this one anyone??

                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at;
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930