Re: Problems getting mouse to work

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 03:02:43PM -0000, Jonathan Sunderland wrote:
> Jonathan StationeryI've installed and configured Linux, and got the X
> display to work (albeit in lo-res) but I get problems with the mouse.
>
> I'm running on a Dell Latitude XPi with trackball, whenever I move the mouse
> it shoots to the top corner and "jiggles" about. Reading elsewhere indicates
> there might be a conflict with something called gpm (which I can not find on
> my machine). Can anyone shed some light on this
Are you using XF4 or XF3?

You might be using wrong protocol.  First, you can try to kill gpm with `killall gpm`.  If that doesn't work, edit your XF86Config(-4?) and look for Protocol in the mouse section.  The Protocol should be either "PS2" (note, not "PS/2"), ior ImPS2.

> Thanks
>  Jonathan
	--xsdg

/ Hildebrant's Principle:  If you don't know where  \
\      you are going, any road will get you there.  /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \