Re: screen goes black

Russell Coker wrote:

No it is definately not a wiring issue. The entire screen goes blank but any text being displayed appears. So if I keep typing then anything I type appears, but the rest of the screen stays blank until I take some action to cause a re-draw (IE switching virtual terminals or scrolling a text-mode screen).

I read that as text and graphics.

If it's refreshing very slow, it may just be a slow machine or low memory. I would help if you mention your video chipset, memory, and cpu.

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |