Re: cs4281 sound doesn't work after suspending

On 13 Dec 2000, Changwoo Ryu wrote:

> I bought thinkpad X20 two weeks ago.  Every devices works except the
> 3com winmodem.
>
> But when the machine goes into suspend mode and wakes up, the sound
> (cs4281 driver) doesn't work anymore.  Then I should restart the
> cs4281 module.
>
> Here is my kernel APM configuration.  I think it's correct but I might
> miss something (it's my first laptop).
>
> If anyone knows, please let me know a solution, or a hint.

I never really liked the kernel sound drivers, go to www.alsa-project.org
(if I remember) and download the alsa drivers.  compile these and they
have built in support for suspend/resume cycles.  Plus they have a realy
nice mixer and better still full duplex support, if you are into that kind
of thing :)

Alex