Re: Sony PCG-C1VN PictureBook, ATI Rage Mobility

On Wednesday 13 December 2000 17:44, Tres Hofmeister wrote:
> I've just installed Debian 2.2 on a new Sony PictureBook,
> the PCG-C1VN.  It has an 8MB ATI Rage Mobility graphics controller,
> which doesn't seem to be supported under Debian 2.2/XFree86 3.3.6.
> I tried a quick build of XFree86 4.0.1 from source, installed in /opt,
> but had little success.  Perhaps I'm just missing something...
>
> 	Should this card be supported in woody?  Any suggestions?
> Thanks...

This card is definetly supported. Xfree86 didn't have support for it until
3.3.3 I believe. Last when I used Xfree86 3.3.6 I used the Mach64 xserver.
Now I'm running woody w/ Xfree86 4.0.1 and I set things up using dexter
(which is a very nice setup program) and selected ati from the menu and
everything works fine. This is on a gateway solo 2150 w/ pIII 450MHz, 160MB
RAM and Rage Mobility P/M card. Feel free to contact me privately if you want
more help.

Dan
--
Daniel E Baumann       baumannd@msoe.edu