Re: PCMCIA install

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, dude wrote:

> i have the same problem,  i wish i could check etc/pcmcia
> but i it hangs and i cant do anything with it.
> what do you suggest?

well, you've got 2 options.
1st option is you change it during the installation. You press alt-F2,
then you get a console, there you can edit that file in
/targetdir/etc/pcmcia (i'm not sure 'bout the name targetdir, but it's
someting in that direction).

2nd option is when your installation is complete you type after the lilo
prompt:
linux init=/bin/bash

Then the kernel starts up withoud starting init. Then you need to mount
your root filesystem read-writable by typing

mount -o remount,rw /

then you can edit /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

save your changes, mount the root filesystem readonly again:
mount -o remount,ro /
and reboot

It's possible that you get an error from e2fsck that your root wasnt
umounted correctly. I don't know how to avoid that message.

Greetz,
Jo