Re: thinkpad i1452 hard drive problem

From: christoph hebeisen <cth@sfu.ca>
Subject: thinkpad i1452 hard drive problem
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:58:44 -0700 (PDT)

> ide0: reset timed out, status 0xd0
> hda: status timeout 0x80 { Busy }
> hda: drive not ready for command

i get messages similar to these on my machine too, but they tend to go
away if i wait a bit (no more than a few minutes at most).

> the only way to reset this is to switch the computer off and reboot (which
> takes about 10 minutes because of the fsck).

yuck!  that would make me want to try out reiser fs ;-)

i wish i had a solution for you but i don't -- i'd like to know if
there is anything i can do to fix the problem on my machine as well.