Re: Order of installation - potato/pcmcia

I had a similar problem when installing potato. My
pcmcia wouldn't configure until I configured my
network. So what I did was put dummy values in for the
network, configured my pcmcia, then went back to input
the correct network settings. After this step when I
went to reboot my laptop, it froze. So I just
rebooted, manually since it was the last step anyway.
When I restared again, and ran deselect it was unable
to resolve any host...so I manually ran pump to
re-gather my network info. The installation procedded
fine after this....hope this helps..

Swamy

/*Hi gang!

What am I doing wrong? I copied linux, install.bat,
base2_2.tgz,
driver2_2.tgz, loadlin.exe etc. etc. to a DOS
partition on my Toshiba
4080 XCDT, then booted from a DOS floppy and ran
install.bat.

The installation looks great (congratulations, team!)
up to "reboot
the system": the boot hangs in /etc/init.d/pcmcia,
right after it
echoes "modules" to the screen. The pcmcia modules all
show
unresolved symbols. Don't they fit the 2.2.14 kernel
that comes with
the installation? Is something broken, or is there an
operator error
here?

(I can Alt+Ctrl+F2 out of the dbootstrap routine and
disable the
init.d/pcmcia script before rebooting, but then
what--go to dpkg and
install kernel and pcmcia module sources and recompile
before
finishing the installation? That can't be the intended
behavior.)

Tony
*/