Re: Fast shutdown without filesystemcheck on next boot?

One of the things that I have found out (at least on desktop systems) is
that it can slide. I have a MSDOS partition that routinely is "busy" when
the system is powering down and what the debian script claims it's doing
during the shutdown is that it will umount the drive and then remount it
read only. Also you can edit the content of /etc/fstab or it's related
files and make sure that you specifically not check the partition in
question. So I think it can be done.