Mouse doesn't work right in X

I have potato installed on my laptop, with X (version 3.3.6, i think),
and have everything set up for my display, but when I start X & move my
mouse, the cursor goes right to the bottom of the screen (well, off the
screen, actually) and apparently it thinks i'm clicking the mouse
buttons too since the WindowMaker menus pop up.  I can't get the cursor
to work normally.  It just stays off the screen.  I can move side to
side, but that doesn't really help much :-)  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks
--
Morgan	[zombie-m@yahoo.com]

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use loses both and deserves
neither.