Re: BUG?! no pcmcia ethernet on battery power

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 12:02:59PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > to digress even further, does anyone know how to get fsck to postpone
> > running until next boot?  what happens to me is that i'll be in a hurry
> > to get at some of the data on my laptop, so i'll turn it on, but
> > while booting, i'll be unlucky enough to get stuck waiting for
> > fsck to check one of my partitions.  i have no problems w/ running fsck,
> > but i'd rather be able to postpone it until i have more time ;-)
> >

> once it is fsck'ing, all is over.  You could however use tunefs to make fsck
> run less often.  Or consider switching to a journaling fs.

Or, if you're lucky enough not to run windows, just put the laptop into
suspend instead of turning it off. My old ibm laptop can do this for
almost two weeks on a full battery, so I'm not at all worried  about
losing power.  The last time I booted my laptop was 2 weeks ago.

Wouter