Re: dhcp, ppp and default route

"Mesman, Ben" wrote:

> pppd
> does not add the default route if there is an existing one.

I had the same problem. You won't like my solution but it does work. I
implemented a front end for pppd, installed it as /usr/sbin/pppd, and
had the front end exec the real pppd (installed as /usr/sbin/pppd.exe).
The front end simply deletes the default route before calling pppd (on
my desktop it was also necessary to change owner and mode on the modem
device so that users other than root could run xisp). This is ugly,
horrible, non-portable, etc. but it does work.

--Greg