RE: pcmcia modem

>   I have that Xircom combo card, and I can bully the ethernet part
> into working, but I'm still having fits with the modem. Although it
> seems to configure as ttyS1, stty gives an i/o error, and even
> poking it with minicom seems to have no effect. Any pointers?
Three pointers:
1. If you want to use ethernet and modem at the same time, you have to
enable IRQ sharing in the kernel (CONFIG_SHARE_IRQ?)
2. after startup my modem does not work. I first have to do a
      setserial /dev/modem irq 0
      setserial /dev/modem irq 3
   /dev/modem is a symlink made by pcmcia
3. At some point my modem settings were wrong. Try resetting to the factory
settings (AT&F)

Hope this helps.

Ben.