[xtifr@cp.net: Re: Shutdown causes time loss on a Toshiba Tecra 8000]

----- Forwarded message from Chris Waters <xtifr@cp.net> -----

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:08:30 +0000
From: Chris Waters <xtifr@cp.net>
To: Mark Phillips <mark@adam.ist.flinders.edu.au>
CC: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org,
        Anthony Campbell <a.campbell@doctors.org.uk>,
        Bill Moran <bill@ist.flinders.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Shutdown causes time loss on a Toshiba Tecra 8000

Mark Phillips wrote:

> There seems to be only one debian package: apmd.  apm is included in
> the apmd package.  And this package is already installed.  Any further
> ideas?

Hmm....

Check to make sure that /etc/apm/event.d/00hwclock is installed, and
[snip]

----- End forwarded message -----

Are we talking about slink or potato here?  I don't have a
/etc/apm/event.d

How do I go about dpkg -r apm and apmd (which I have compiled into a
kernel)?  Thanks for the discussion.  :-)

--
    keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca       Contract programmer, server bum.
                            TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.