Re: laptop budget, need advice

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Mikel wrote:

> Yeah, and Dell also has claimed to be big into linux...but thus far
> only for their servers...infact when I got the i7500 they stuck in the
> stupid ltwin modem anyway...and on top of that they could deinstall
> the presnt os...but I'd still have to pay for it anyway blah
> blah...stupid microSloth tax....;( yes a major bummer...are we still
> in the '80s?  anyway...those are my misgivings otherwise it's good
> fBSD/debian box...

I just left Motorola and we could get Dells w/ Linux
pre-installed. Workstation and laptop. Granted, none of us using Linux
wanted anyone else installing for us ;-). In any case the Linux boxen
weren't paying any taxes to Redmond.

This is a corp deal that also went for Mot emp personal purchases.

Guess it still isn't available at street level, though :(.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#                 der.hans@LuftHans.com                   #