Re: SCSI question

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, William Heindl wrote:

> Hello again,

> One thing I notice is that the Adaptec SCSI driver it's loading seems
> to be for a different model (aha152X not apa1460).

Biff,

from the PCMCIA HOWTO,
http://www.LinuxDoc.org/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.6:

"All the currently supported PCMCIA SCSI cards are work-alikes of one of
the following ISA bus cards: the Qlogic, the Adaptec AHA-152X, or the
Future Domain TMC-16x0. The PCMCIA drivers are built by linking some
PCMCIA-specific code (in qlogic_cs.c, aha152x_cs.c, or fdomain_cs.c) with
the normal Linux SCSI driver, pulled from the Linux kernel source tree.
The Adaptec APA1480 CardBus driver is based on the kernel aic7xxx PCI
driver. Due to limitations in the Linux SCSI driver model, only one
removable card per driver is supported."

So the 1460 uses the 152x driver.

ciao,

der.hans

--