Re: PCMICA Network and Modem card

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 12:34:22PM -0600, Charlie Hedlin wrote:
> How hot should a 56k 10/100 combo card get?  I have a Xircom I picked up
> cheap but it gets hot.  I mean hot enough that I have to be carefull not
> to burn myself when I remove it if my machine has been on for a while.  I
> also notice a significant hit in the battery life when the card is
> inserted.  Is this normal?

I have a Xircom PCMCIA RealPort card, with 56K modem and 10/100 ethernet,
running on a Toshiba 490CDT. The card gets warm, but never too hot to touch.
And battery life seems fine enough with the card inside (about 2 hours).  I
seem to lose a lot of battery life if I run the CD-ROM drive, though.

Drew