Re: XF86Config and 365x tp

> Another thinkpad problem...
>
> I kind of gave up trying to solve this, but maybe somebody can help...
>
> I have a 365x, I had trouble configuring X until I plugged an external
> monitor. With the monitor (a sony 15'') there are no problems, as soon as I
> try a configuration for the lcd screen, it just don't work. Even with the
> most conservative settings.
>
> I finally decided to work in text mode. Now if anybody has a suggestion...

You need to find out (from the manual or from IBM) the horizontal sync and
vertical refresh specifically.  Enter those as custom values rather than
trying to "pick a screen".  You probably have a TFT, not an LCD, anyway.

LCD's usually have a much lower frequency preference than a main monitor.

You should be able to modyf XF86Config directly to put the correct range
of values in there, rather than depending on a selector.