Re: A Challenge...

I agree,
the debian-basesystem holds enough for you to play with.
I don't know if it holds vi or vim or vni, it probably has elvis-tiny on
it.
So that's something you might want to upload from the net.
That will do fine, if you include the pcmcia-cs packages as well, network
support is easily done as well.

Have fun on your journey and merry Christmas.