Re: Laptop Dell Latitude CPx 650 with Debian Potato 2.2

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Mario Rodrigues wrote:

> I'm a new debian user and I have some doubts about how to configure my
> new Laptop Dell Latitude CPx 650.

I have a CPx 750 (just a wee bit faster is all), so I can certainly give
you a hand.

> I installed X11 and I'm using window maker, the video driver I select
> was MACH64, it works good but in the right most of screen I have a
> little flickering column, what should I do to eliminate that problem ?

XFree86 4.0 fixes this.  In any case, the flickering won't hurt.  Win2k
does this to my screen as well.

> How Can I install the audio drivers ?

The Maestro is not supported yet, though there is a VERY, VERY alpha
driver is available, but I don't have the website handy and google was of
no help.  In any event, it isn't ready for general consumption and might
crash your machine.

> And my worst problem how can I install the xircom drivers ?

I don't have the combo Ether/Modem card, so I can't help you there.  Is
this a WinModem?

                                           -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson