Re: 2.4.0-test11 and pcmcia on a toshiba 320CDT

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Joost Claessen wrote:

> Helo ppl,
>
> Lately I decided to try 2.4.0-test11 on my toshiba. Fetchted the source,
> compiled the kernel whith pcmcia, every thing whent fine. But when I rebooted,
> the cardmgr couldnt loud the i82365 module. I said init_module: no such device.
> Detaile found below. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm afraid the pci to cardbus bridge support
hasn't been compiled into the kernel yet.

Do not use the kernel pcmcia options, that's right don't use them yet, in
your case download the latest pcmcia-cs version and compile it after you
compile your kernel.

cheers,

Peter Firmstone.