Aristo Laptop: Trident and X4

Hi,

I'm using an Aristo Laptop FT-8400, 233MMX, 32MB RAM, with Trident graphics
(TGUI 968X). The problem arises when switching from X to a text virtual
console. The screen becomes unreadable, seems like the mode stays graphics, the
mode switch is not complete. To make things more interesting, when I turn the
LCD off unsing the Fn key (built in feature), and than switch it back on, the
text mode is fine and clear.

Has anyone any clue as to why this happens and how this can be corrected?

Oh, and I had to add NoAccel option into the config file. Otherwise the
graphics screen was unreadable.

Thanks
Artur Guja