Re: Debian mass installation

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 10:32:57AM +0100, Christian Rehn wrote:

> I'd like to install Debian on a number of laptops over the network
> automatically.  As all laptops have the same hardware I'd like to
> install one manually, generate a file that describes the configuration
> and install Debian with the identical configuration on the other
> laptops without following the interactive setup.
> I know that RedHat has something called kickstart that does the job.
> Is there a similar program for Debian?
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

	Two programs you should have a look at. FAI and replicator.
Search for them on freshmeat.

	The other option is if they're going to be exactly the same.
ie exact same hardware exact same install.
Just create a disk image of one of them and then create a boot disk that
nfsmounts over a networks and dd's the image to the disk.

--
John

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the
choice of cause - William James