Re: X4 troubles on Vaio PCG-XG28 (NM2380)

At 10:36 AM 11/9/00, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

Hi all.  Yesterday I decided to give the upgrade to X4 a try on my Vaio
running woody.  dexter caused me much grief, creating an X config that
would hang the console with a completely blank screen.

FWIW. This bug seems to be affecting flavors of Neomagic chipsets, as well as a few other manufacturers. I've tried several suggestions that have appeared on the debian-x list, but so far to no avail. Your best bet is to keep an eye on that list.

BTW, I had 1024x768 running on some of the pre-woody debs, so at least we know it's possible.

Good luck,
--Mike