Re: loading modules

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 05:51:21AM -0800, Andrew Dixon wrote:

> The laptop is a Sony Vaio f250 and the card is a
> NetGear ethernet card model FA510c which
> is a 32-bit CardBus card.  Could you educate me on the
> terminology here?  Does CardBus
> mean a 32-bit port?

Yes, that's right.  The slots handle both kinds of cards.  The 32bit Cardbus
cards give you faster speed on a 100Mbit net.  Support for the 32bit cards
isn't (or wasn't, I don't know the latest) as well developed as for the
older 16bit pcmcia cards.

> How did you tweek your BIOS settings?

The usual way ;)  Holding the appropriate key while powering or booting up
(ESC for Toshiba).  Toshiba utilities also let you tweak the BIOS while the
computer is running.  I don't know about Sony Vaio specifically.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A