Re: kernels

G'Day !

When I needed to upgrade my system, I used a kernel with a parallel port zip
drive configured as a module.  I then put the kernel image on the zip drive ....

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Petr Hlustik
                    <phlustik@uch        To:     notin@startrekmail.com
                    icago.edu>           cc:     debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
                                         Subject:     Re: kernels
                    10/17/00
                    02:02 PM

Hi,

> Bottom line: Does anybody know of any easy way that I
> can upgrade my kernel? It seems as if I need a lot of
> packages and the 13MB image...

I did the same thing last year when my laptop wanted a 2.2 kernel and new
pcmcia_cs in order to get the network card working.

I split the big deb's onto a lot of floppies...

tar -c -v -M -L 1440 -f /dev/fd0   files-to-tar

Best,
Petr